Scott Cain's website

Bioinformatics, Perl, Cool Stuff
Powered by Drupal, an open source content management system

Email: sco...@scottcain.net

wrote and started testing update_featureloc

Wrote update_featureloc() (2 hours)
Started testing update_featureloc() (1.5 hours)

When I wrote update_featureloc, I didn't exclude primers. In the initial testing of this function, I found ~70,000 were updated without errors, 190,000 failed because the sequences didn't match (though when I manually looked at the first of these, I found that they did match; I've got to look in more detail at string comparison operators in Pg), and 145 failed because the lengths of the sequences failed--these are the ones that will have to be handled manually. I still want to read more about fuzzy matching, as it may make the bulk of the 190,000 failures pass.